CLOTHING OPTIONAL BEACH ETIQUETTE:
We are here as guests of the National Park Service. Don't give the Rangers an excuse to shut us down!
- OBEY ALL LOCAL LAWS AND RULES - You are on federal property and fines can be steep.
- RESPECT WILDLIFE AND ENVIRONMENTALLY FRAGILE AREAS - STAY OFF DUNES AND AWAY FROM PIPING PLOVER NESTING AREAS. Please keep our beach beautiful and environmentally safe so we can enjoy this little piece of paradise!
- RESPECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS – NUDE IS NOT LEWD! - Nudity is an established traditional use of this beach; however, inappropriate public sexual activity of any kind is NOT LEGAL and offensive to others and can result in arrest. Even worse, it could result in the closure of our beach to nude use.
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS OR CHARCOAL GRILLS ALLOWED ON THE BEACH - Once glass is broken on the beach it becomes impossible to clean up creating a hazard for many years to come. Hot coals are dangerous on the beach.
- GET PERMISSION - Photographs and videos should only be taken with the PRIOR PERMISSION of EVERYONE appearing in the photo, even if only in the background. Photographing of minors can be illegal and may result in arrest. Better to leave the camera at home!
- RESPECT THE PRIVACY AND PERSONAL SPACE OF OTHERS – If someone indicates that they are not interested in your company, LEAVE THEM ALONE. And for heavens sake, DO NOT STARE at other beach users!
- CARRY IN - CARRY OUT - Please bring your trash home with you. The park does not supply trash containers. Be responsible; keep the beach and walking paths clean. DO NOT LITTER!
- BE CONSIDERATE - Cigarette, cigar and pipe smoking can be offensive to those downwind. Please be considerate. Please pick up all cigarette butts and dispose of them with your trash.
- KEEP IT DOWN - Keep music at a polite volume or use headphones. Not everyone wants to listen to music on the beach; some just want to enjoy the sounds of the surf and the birds. Loud music is not permitted.
- BE POLITE - Remember that this is a public beach. A clothing optional environment is defined so you may be nude, partially nude or clothed. Treat others like you wish to be treated.
- DRESS BEFORE LEAVING - Dress before leaving designated clothing optional areas. These areas are clearly marked by informational signs. "Attention" signs mark both east and west boundaries of the clothing optional areas. Beyond these signs you must be dressed. Restrooms and showers are located at the boardwalk entrance to the beach and you must be dressed to use the facilities.
- SPEAK UP FOR STANDARDS – If a person seems unaware of proper etiquette, explain whatʼs expected – politely, of course. If he or she doesnʼt respond to polite suggestion, itʼs appropriate to notify a beach user group volunteer, or someone else who can help get the message across.
- NOTIFY A PARK RANGER - If there is a serious problem or emergency notify a Park Ranger or call 911. Do not take matters into your own hands.
Provided by: The Long Island Travasuns (WWW.LongIslandTravasuns.Org) PLEASE DO NOT LITTER !